Replacing Student Income
The Party's On Hold!
Mind your Mind!
The Union of Students in Ireland is fully engaged in the societal effort required to tackle COVID-19.
Our officers and staff continue to work remotely in the interests of all students. This section of the USI website is here to offer advice to students, updates on developments and information on the work our people are engaged in, in support of the mission.
Essential Advice for your health
- 30 April 2020: Alcohol advice for students during COVID-19
- 27 April 2020: Counselling supports for students during COVID-19
- 7 April 2020: Minding your mental health during COVID-19
- 3 April 2020: Easy Read guide to COVID-19 from the Government of Ireland
- 24 March 2020: Government updates advice to citizens
- 20 March 2020: Government issues host of information on prevention of transmission and symptoms of the disease
Students can find the most up to date advice on avoiding contracting COVID-19 and avoiding passing it on to others at the HSE Website.
If you are living and studying in Ireland, this should be your main source of advice for health advice. USI advises only relying on this advice at all times.
The Government of Ireland’s plan to tackle COVID-19
27 April 2020: Government announces supports from telecoms companies
In Northern Ireland
If you’re studying and living in Northern Ireland, the source of advice is the Northern Ireland Public Health Agency.
You should heed the advice of the institution you are studying at, but you should also pay attention to the Department for Foreign Affairs website, and the website of the Irish Embassy in the country you are studying at.
Essential Advice for your studies
USI knows this is a confusing and worrying time for students. This page will act as a clearing house for information on national guidance issued by our partners and national agencies.
- 08/04/2020 Statement on student concerns regarding assessment
- 01/04/2020 Union of Students in Ireland teams up with UPLIFT to call for signatories to open letter demanding student rent refunds
- 24/03/2020 Urgent clarity needed on position of student nurses and midwives dealing with COVID-19
Official Advisory from the Government of Ireland
- 24 March 2020: Government releases details on Coronavirus Income Support Scheme
- 16 March 2020:Advisory notice to the Sector regarding student and staff mobility under ErasmusThe Higher Education Authority (HEA) and Department of Education and Skills issued this advisory notice to Erasmus+ students and staff currently studying/working abroad.
- 13 March 2020: Joint Research Funders statement on COVID.
- 12 March 2020: Covid-19 – Statement from the Department of Education and Skills on the closure of schools, pre-schools and further and higher education settings, for a period until 29 March 2020, to support efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19.
Individual advice from colleges in Ireland
Universities, ITs and Private Colleges are autonomous in Ireland, and issue their own advice. You can find it here.