Education within USI falls under the remit of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. This means that they lead USI’s work on a range of academic related issues such as quality assurance, student engagement, and teaching & learning.
They also work with a number of other bodies within the Irish Higher Education sector - you can find out more about these bodies by clicking on the images below:
- IUA (Member of the Steering Group for IUA’s Enhancing Digital Teaching and Learning Project)
- QQI (Member of the QQI Board, and various working groups)
- National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning (Member of the Board)
- Student Survey.ie (Member of the Steering and Technical Groups)
- National Student Engagement Programme (Member of the Steering Group, Chair of the National Network)
The Vice President for Academic Affairs also supports and advises education officers, and those responsible for education in local students’ unions. This includes providing advice and training on class rep engagement, casework, policy and more.
The National Student QA Reviewers Pool has been established by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) and the Union of Students in Ireland (USI). The latest call for applications to the pool has now opened. Pool members will...Read More
Union of Students in Ireland expresses frustration as students ignored in Budget 2019 “We’ll see this Government at the ballot box.”
Union of Students in Ireland expresses frustration as students ignored in Budget 2019 “We’ll see...Read More
The Union of Students in Ireland has cautiously welcomed a statement from the Minister of State for Higher Education, Mary Mitchell O’Connor, that no plan exists inside her department for the introduction of a student loan scheme ‘for the near future’.Read More
Cáineann AMLÉ an méadú i dtáillí do mhic léinn iarchéime agus idirnáisiúnta i gColáiste na Tríonóide
Tacaíonn Aontas na Mac Léinn in Éirinn (AMLÉ) le mic léinn iarchéime agus neamh-AE i gColáiste na...Read More