NUS, USI and NUS-USI, representing approximately 7.5 million students across the UK and the island...Read More
Education within USI falls under the remit of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. This means that they lead USI’s work on a range of academic related issues such as quality assurance, student engagement, and teaching & learning.
They also work with a number of other bodies within the Irish Higher Education sector - you can find out more about these bodies by clicking on the images below:
- IUA (Member of the Steering Group for IUA’s Enhancing Digital Teaching and Learning Project)
- QQI (Member of the QQI Board, and various working groups)
- National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning (Member of the Board)
- Student Survey.ie (Member of the Steering and Technical Groups)
- National Student Engagement Programme (Member of the Steering Group, Chair of the National Network)
The Vice President for Academic Affairs also supports and advises education officers, and those responsible for education in local students’ unions. This includes providing advice and training on class rep engagement, casework, policy and more.
The Union of Students in Ireland has kicked off the 33rd European Student Convention at NUI, Galway Students’ Union. The event, focused on European Student Mobility, access and Brexit, has attracted eighty student leaders...Read More
USI asks Students to Protest against the imprisonment of Ibrahim Halawa, who has spent 38 months in jail without trial
The Union of Students in Ireland is asking students to join them and protest against the...Read More
NUS-USI (the National Union of Students in Northern Ireland) and USI (the Union of Students in Ireland) have joined forces to back the #Bremain campaign, as the Brexit referendum approaches on the 23rd June, emphasising...Read More