20 Years of the Good Friday Agreement Welcoming the twentieth anniversary of the agreement,...Read More
Education within USI falls under the remit of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. This means that they lead USI’s work on a range of academic related issues such as quality assurance, student engagement, and teaching & learning.
They also work with a number of other bodies within the Irish Higher Education sector - you can find out more about these bodies by clicking on the images below:
- IUA (Member of the Steering Group for IUA’s Enhancing Digital Teaching and Learning Project)
- QQI (Member of the QQI Board, and various working groups)
- National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning (Member of the Board)
- Student Survey.ie (Member of the Steering and Technical Groups)
- National Student Engagement Programme (Member of the Steering Group, Chair of the National Network)
The Vice President for Academic Affairs also supports and advises education officers, and those responsible for education in local students’ unions. This includes providing advice and training on class rep engagement, casework, policy and more.
The Union of Students in Ireland has responded to University College Dublin’s warning that more fee-paying foreign students will be sought to meet shortfalls in college funding. “USI has warned for many years that...Read More
Union of Students in Ireland is urging Students to Remain Vigilant against unknown substances at Electric Picnic
The Union of Students in Ireland has released a statement today, ahead of tomorrow’s Electric...Read More