Category: USI News
Education within USI falls under the remit of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. This means that they lead USI’s work on a range of academic related issues such as quality assurance, student engagement, and teaching & learning.
They also work with a number of other bodies within the Irish Higher Education sector - you can find out more about these bodies by clicking on the images below:
- IUA (Member of the Steering Group for IUA’s Enhancing Digital Teaching and Learning Project)
- QQI (Member of the QQI Board, and various working groups)
- National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning (Member of the Board)
- Student Survey.ie (Member of the Steering and Technical Groups)
- National Student Engagement Programme (Member of the Steering Group, Chair of the National Network)
The Vice President for Academic Affairs also supports and advises education officers, and those responsible for education in local students’ unions. This includes providing advice and training on class rep engagement, casework, policy and more.
For the position of USI President Lorna Fitzpatrick Oisín Hassan For the position of Vice President for Academic Affairs Marie Sheedy Kevin McStravock For the position of Vice President for Campaigns Michelle Byrne Leon Diop For...Read More
USI welcomes the announcement today that Deputy Joe McHugh will be taking over the position of Minister for Education and Skills.
USI welcome the announcement today that Deputy Joe McHugh will be taking over the position of Minister for Education and Skills.Read More