This will be featured on their mental health new app and webpage
We are looking for students to write about mental health and their experiences of it. We hope to create a safe and supportive space for students to discuss mental health and how it relates to themselves.
Some guidelines when writing the blog include:
- Keep it safe and non-triggering, rather than writing about specific behaviours, focus on the feelings and psychological aspects where possible.
- If using facts and figures, ensure they are correct and always reference where you got the information from.
- Think of how the blog will affect you, take some time to think about sharing your story publicly and if this is the right thing for you. It may help to talk to others about it before you submit. You can publish anonymously if you don’t want to put a name to your blog.
- We want to ensure that this blog is on the mental health experiences of students and how it has impacted on their student life. Keep it student focused.
- Keep it short and focused. Aim for between 400 – 600 words. As well as keeping the blog short remember that shorter sentences and paragraphs are easier to read and more suitable for the app and webpage.
- When planning your blog try and think of the key message you want the reader to take from it and work towards that. Try structure it in a way that it has a start, middle and end and think about the headings within it.
Some ideas for blog content (Please note we are open to your suggestions too!):
- Looking after yourself at college
- Impact of mental health on studies
- What has helped/hurt your mental health in college
- Involvement in student life outside class such as through SU, student societies, sports clubs etc.
- Use of support services within or outside of the college setting
- Self-care tips/advice
- LGBTI+ and mental health
- Disability and mental health
- Mature student experience
- Specific mental health difficulties
- Life after college
- Ideas on things people/leaders could do to improve student’s mental health at third level
Submitting the blog
- Email your blog to Aoife at email@example.com .
- Once you submit the blog you will receive notification of receipt of it within two working days.
- If the blog needs further editing you will be fully involved in the process.
- Selected blogs for publication will receive a €25 euro one for all voucher as a thank you.
- Blogs will be invited throughout the year however we do need a number to be included in the launch of our app on the 12th of November therefore the sooner you can get it in the better.