ProYouth offers online, anonymous supports to those 3rd and 4th level students struggling with eating and body issues. Screening tests to identify your personal risk of developing an eating disorder. These tests can be repeated weekly, to allow you to track your progress over time. Join ProYouth to self test yourself.
The website has articles and a blog with information and inspiration to cope with issues relating to self-esteem, mental and physical health, body dissatisfaction, and media influences on eating and body issues. There is message boards with a variety of topics relevant to eating and body issues, where students and trained student moderators provide support and a place to express your concerns. The opportunity to book 1 to 1 chats with a health care professional, for more individual support and help to identify ways of getting better.
The main objectives of the ProYouth online information and support system are:
- To provide information and educate about mental health, health promotion, and eating disorders.
- To assist young people in detecting problematic attitudes and risk behaviours early.
- To give tips on what young people can do to help themselves or others.
- To offer peer and professional support via the Internet and thus counteract the development of eating disorders and related problems.
- To facilitate access to the regular health care system (e.g. counselling, treatment) and thus limit the time between occurrence of symptoms and access to professional help.
Watch the ProYouth video below, Refresh page if the video does not automatically appear.
Participation in ProYouth is voluntary, anonymous and free of cost. If you are a registered third or fourth level student in Ireland, click www.proyouth.eu to access the self test and register for participation.