The Union of Students in Ireland now wishes to recruit a Communications Executive with responsibility for general communications to multiple publics, with a special responsibility for communication to elected representatives, political parties and their staffs.
The successful candidate will have experience in communicating to a wide range of publics on social and political issues, with a proven record in writing for printed and online publications, press relations and monitoring of outcomes from communications. The successful candidate will have an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
The candidate will report to the General Manager
The successful candidate will assist the President with the communications needs of the organisation, including:
- Research and Develop Social Media Strategy
- Design Promotional Material including newsletters
- Create / maintain, audit and review public content on Social Media Sites
- Engage in Dialogue and Monitor Online Activity for the organisation
- Monitor Trends
- An ability to demonstrate versatility, and enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- All day to day administration in relation to Communication
- Establish and maintain good relationships with key members of the media
- Identify specific stories /works/angles that can be used to promote the work of USI
- Write press releases and articles to highlight the work of USI
- Handle media enquiries
- Manage the media profile and diary of the President
- Monitor and compile media coverage
- Build and maintain relationships with key groups, particularly elected representatives
Key Skills Required:
- An appropriate third-level qualification (or equivalent)
- Excellent IT Ability incl. software methodologies and social media tools / techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language
- Knowledge of graphic design principles and practice
- Thorough understanding of media
- Good knowledge of and contacts within media highly desirable
- Well organised team player and good networker
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proven record of creativity
- Ability to be adaptable and willingness to work outside of normal office hours if required
A knowledge of the education system in Ireland would be an advantage for this position.
Grasp of, or willingness to learn the Irish language would be an advantage for this position.
Please submit a CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 26 August 2015.
For any queries, please contact Denise Glover on 01 7099 300 but please note that canvassing will disqualify any applicant.