USI Calls on Government to Break the Barriers of Third Level Education This week, Ministers for...Read More
Education within USI falls under the remit of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. This means that they lead USI’s work on a range of academic related issues such as quality assurance, student engagement, and teaching & learning.
They also work with a number of other bodies within the Irish Higher Education sector - you can find out more about these bodies by clicking on the images below:
- IUA (Member of the Steering Group for IUA’s Enhancing Digital Teaching and Learning Project)
- QQI (Member of the QQI Board, and various working groups)
- National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning (Member of the Board)
- Student Survey.ie (Member of the Steering and Technical Groups)
- National Student Engagement Programme (Member of the Steering Group, Chair of the National Network)
The Vice President for Academic Affairs also supports and advises education officers, and those responsible for education in local students’ unions. This includes providing advice and training on class rep engagement, casework, policy and more.
“Cost is a barrier to safe sex” says USI The Union of Students in Ireland has welcomed today’s announcement by Minister for Health Simon Harris that barriers to accessing contraception will be reviewed by a ‘rapid’...Read More
USI is calling on homeowners with a spare room in their home to open their door to students in need of accommodation. To promote the Homes For Study initiative, a major promotional campaign is now underway across Ireland. Home...Read More