Education for All?
In the fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic, a subsequent economic recession and the establishment of the department of further and higher education, the funding crisis of higher education continues to roar on in an age of soaring rents, poor working conditions for academic staff, inadequate student supports and the highest fees in the EU. Students are hungry for change, and this campaign seeks to earn it. Our demands are for the government to commit to and representatives to support a series of commitments outlined in our pledge.
- An end to the student contribution charge of €3,000, the highest in the EU.
- An end to the study now pay later and earn and learn policies and a move toward publicly funded education at the heart of government policy.
- A publicly financed student accommodation building strategy and charter for student tenant rights.
- A reform of student supports across the island that match the cost of being a student in the new decade.
- A plan to address the crisis in Irish creative institutions.
- An end to precarious working conditions for academic staff
Public representatives looking for clarification on any aspect of the pledge, should email President@usi.ie.
TD/Senator/MLA? Sign the pledge!
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Office held’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Do you agree to sign the pledge and support the Education for All campaign?’ type=’checkbox-multiple’ required=’1′ options=’Yes,No’/][contact-field label=’Message’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]