What courses are available?
- Only attend open days of colleges that host courses you are interested in.
- Think about what you want to do, is Third Level Education for you? Are you more interested in apprenticeships etc.?
Eligible for the available courses?
- Find out what the entry requirements are, do you need to prepare a portfolio or attend an entry exam?
- If you don’t plan on moving out of home for college, think about what is realistic for you in terms of commuting.
- Look at public transport options and work out how long it will take you to get in and out of college every day.
Affordable accommodation available?
- Money can be a big factor when looking at college options, find out how much local student accommodation costs.
- Sit down with your parents and find out if you are eligible for the SUSI Grant? Take these factors into consideration and work out what you can/can’t afford in terms of college accommodation.
Campus a good fit?
- Is the campus a good fit for you? Identify if you would prefer to attend a small and community orientated college or perhaps you would enjoy the hustle and bustle or a larger campus with a diverse range societies.