- USI are featured on the Governance Code website as being ‘On the Journey’. Please see: http://www.
- Completed the USI democratic review after public consultations with membership.
- Completed the USI constitution review after public consultations with membership.
- Nominations for the USI officer board elections are open. For information as to how to participate, click here.
- Nominations for the Student Achievement Awards Ireland 2017 are now open. Click here for more information and to enter.
Policy and Campaigns:
- The Vice President for Equality & Citizenship was appointed by the National Youth Council of Ireland to the National Government oversight committee of the LGBT Youth Strategy after a competitive process.
- USI successfully awarded grant funding from the European Students’ Union towards work at HEI’s around refugee inclusion.
- USI hosted the USI Women Lead Project 2017 over the weekend with Accenture.
- The Vice President for Welfare met with the Psychological Counsellors in Third level Colleges (PCHEI) meeting in regards to staff and mental health on campuses.
- USI attended the Mental Health Reform, UpLift and Future Voices handing over of 12,000 petitions to Minister for Mental Health and Older People, Helen McEntee, calling for more 24/7 community mental health services.
- The Vice President for Welfare met Residential Tenancies Board Stakeholders meeting with the USI Student Housing Project Manager.
- USI launched an open call for looking for stories on issues from students or recent graduates who are currently employed or have been employed in low paid work or zero-hour contracts. Click here and submit your story in confidence.
- The Vice President for Welfare met with Problem Gambling Ireland and Rutland centre on Gambling control bill lobbying and campaign.
- Finalised preparations for the Irish Survey of Student Engagement (studentsurvey.ie) starting next week.
- The Vice President for Equality & Citizenship was appointed to National Advisory Panel for the ESHTE (Ending Sexual Harassment and Violence in Third Level) Project by the National Women’s Council of Ireland this week. The project will formally launch early April.
- USI completed and submitted a submission to the National Women’s Council. You can read our submisison here.
- The Vice President for Equality & Citizenship attended and contributed to Youth Work Ireland’s symposium for LGBT Youth.
- The Vice President for Equality & Citizenship attended the HEA steering group on the FSD and in particular raised the need for part-time students to be able to access the fund.
Watch our new video for the USI elections here: