National Council in January 2013 will take place at IT Tralee Students’ Union on 26 January 2013.
The President at IT Tralee SU has provided a very comprehensive set of information on the town and arrangements for the weekend.
If you get lost or need help on anything please contact me on 083 11 56 156
[show_hide title=”General information and cupcakes”]Once you get here, it will be well sign posted and you’ll be greeted by our Part-Time Officers who happily show you the way. If you’re hungry when you get here we will have a selection of sandwiches/wraps, fruit, water, tea/coffee and cupcakes on arrival. On Saturday there will be tea/coffee, water, fruit and more cupcakes, followed by hot lunch in the canteen at 12:30pm.[/show_hide]
- The Manor West(it’s the first hotel on the left as you enter Tralee, and it has a nice gym with pool, sauna etc.)
- The Carton (not too close to the campus but a nice hotel, with gym)
- The Meadow Lands (Closet to the North Campus)
- The Grand (It’s in town so only a few steps away from the mighty Kerry Guinness)
- The Imperial (as above ^^)
- Tralee Central (as above ^^)
[show_hide title=”Getting about”]
- On the latter pages of the attachment, you will find the directions to the Institute once you arrive outside Tralee or at the bus/train station, which I would recommend you look at*!
- Also on the the attachment is a map of the North Campus (just in-case)!!!
- *Please Note: some sat navs/google maps might bring you to the South Campus (as Eoin Healy and Dave Carey know all to well from last year!)
- For getting around Tralee our affiliated taxi company (Taxi 365) should be the best priced.
- It’s normally €5/6 on your own, or €2/head with groups of 3+, their numbers are as follows: Guy Buxton – 086 324 33 12 John O’Leary – 087 271 75 18 Jer Lynch – 087 622 86 33 Pat Carmody – 087 280 88 99
[show_hide title=”Takeaway food options”]
If you’re not heading out and want to grab some take away here are the best places in town that deliver:
- The Pagoda (Chinese) 066 714 47 77 (No discount)
- Indian Castle (Indian) 066 710 39 29 (€13.95 starter and main course with student card)
- MJ’s Diner (Eddie Rockets style) 066 – 710 30 00 (No discount)
- Dominos Pizza 066 719 99 99 (Any pizza any size €11.99 & buy one get one free on large and medium pizza)
- Uno’s (Italian) 066 711 88 08 (No discount)