The national student grant awarding body, SUSI (Student Universal Support Ireland), has announced that its online application system, for new and renewal student grants, for the 2014/2015 academic year will open on Thursday 8th May, 2014, two weeks earlier than in 2013/2014.
SUSI is entering its third year of operations. Last year SUSI made significant process and resource improvements resulting in a much more efficient and effective service. It processed over 92,000 applications with almost 60,000 students (new and renewal) receiving funding for the 2013/2014 academic year.
It is expected that the number of applications to SUSI for the upcoming academic year will surpass 100,000. In order to meet the challenges posed by such numbers and in building on the improvements made for the previous academic year, SUSI has introduced a number of further key improvements for 2014/2015:
- Earlier application opening date (8 May);
- Revised and more user-friendly website information at www.susi.ie;
- More automated validation of the online application form;
- Extended range of online services to applicants;
- More streamlined internal processing of applications;
- Extended data sharing with Government Departments and agencies;
- Increased stakeholder engagement; and
- Online grant eligibility reckoner.
The closing date for the receipt of renewal applications is 13 June and for new applications is 1 August, 2014.
SUSI encourages students to visit its website www.susi.ie to review the eligibility criteria for student grant funding. There is also information available on the SUSI website to assist students with making their applications.